Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Ass is sore!

A quick editorial post about losing weight. As most of you know, I'm 6 ft and 235 lbs, which classifies me as overweight. I've tried expensive diets, cheap diets, physical trainers, and lots of pills. I have even considered (not done) developing a drug problem. It worked for some women I knew. I want to call it an obsession to lose weight but then I hesitate because if I was truely obsessed I would think that i would be thin by now. I'm completely perplexed. I find myself spending time trying to figure out what my hesitation is with the Nike slogan of "just do it" while doin absolutely nothing. I know that I would feel better, I know that the wifey would appreciated it. I have everything to live for, so what's the deal. I think it boils down to the fact that I'm comfortable and nobody wants to leave their comfort zone and that I've failed so many times I have the mindset that I'll try something new until I fail again. I also decided that I dont care about the weight, and that it is only a side effect to me being out of shape. And since I cant tackle losing weight I'll have to tackle getting back into shape. In fact I feel the start of a new addiction. I've been going to the gym regularly for a few weeks ( while this does not deserve a pat on the back, it is a start) and I cant wait for my next opportunity to lessen my time on running three miles. I figure that if I cant lose the weight at least I'll be in better shape to carry it. And who knows.... I bet I shed a few pounds. Oh, and my ass is so sore from racquetball....Just thought you might want to know why I'm walking funny.

1 comment:

oodrea1221 said...

You go Jason! I just wanted to leave a comment to thank you for the Garrett Men's perspective... and to encourage you on your goal to get into better shape and maybe (hopefully) lose some weight along the way...I'm right there with you! Keep up the good work and keep blogging!

Smiles,
andrea

New HD Rocker

New HD Rocker

Garrett Men!

Garrett Men!
Will Jake love Motorcycles also?